This article contains:
How is utilisation calculated in Metis?
- What are qualifying utilised hours defined as?
- My Homepage
Utilisation is a key metric indicating how much of someone's time is being spent on client work vs non client work. Each individual in Metis has a utilisation percentage, if they meet the below criteria:
- they are marked as Available in Resourcing
- they are Active
- they are not a Freelancer
- they are marked as counts towards utilisation
This is calculated for an individual as:
Qualifying utilised hours
These are the hours which are counted towards utilisation, which can be defined as hours:
- Booked on days that do count towards utilisation (not public holidays/weekends (depending on your company settings))
- Booked against either a:
- Client job
- Internal job marked as "count to utilisation"
- Approved (by the assigned approver)
TIP - For deactivated users, utilisation is calculated only for the period for when they are active again.
Available hours for a person are counted only when they are on days which are:
- Days that do count towards utilisation (not public holidays and after the company's Cutover Date)
- On or after the person's start date. Whichever is earlier of:
- The date they became active on Metis
- The date of their earliest time booked.
An individual's available hours are defined by:
- the individual's working week
- the company's working week
For an individual, you'll see two utilisation percentages against them. These are:
People utilisation percentages are shown in several different places on Metis.
If you manage People in Metis, you'll have a My People panel on your Homepage, which will give you an average of all of your People's percentages. To see more about your Homepage, click here. Want to exempt someone from being counted in this group roll-up? See here.
If you are a high level user in Metis, you will have access to the Dashboard Zone. Here you will see a People panel with an average percentage, taken from everyone in the business's individual percentages. To see more about your Dashboard, click here. Want to exempt someone from being counted in this group roll-up? See here.
If you are high level user in Metis, you will have access to the People Zone. Here you can see all individuals' utilisation values against the value for the current financial year.
Yes! Click here to find out how to do that.