Through the duration of a job, some details may change such as who is working on the job and for how long, the job owner and the financials around it. Because of this, you may need to edit the job you previously created.
This article contains:
- How to get into edit mode
- Basic Details - owner, job name
- Job duration
- Revenue and Cost budgets
- People/Time revenue and cost
- Resource Plan
You can get to the Jobs list by navigating to Zones > Jobs.
Once there, click on the Job Name or the Eye icon of the specific job you want to edit.
On the Details tab you'll find key information about the job, as shown below:
- The Client name
- The Job Name
- The Job Lead - who is responsible for the job in Metis.
- The Job Exec - who needs to see the job but not manage it
- The Practice it belongs to
- The Status
- The job reference number (if applicable)
Select the dropdown against any field (1, 3-6) to edit the values.
Also on this page, you'll see information about the Job Type and extra information around timesheets and expenses approvals for this Job.
The Job Type is something that you can't change while editing a job. It is defined when you create the job and cannot be amended later on. To see more about Job Types in Metis, click here.
You can edit:
- Whether this job is marked as strategic (makes it show clearly on the Job list). What's a strategic job/opportunity?
- Who the approver is for timesheets for this job
- Who the approver is for expenses for this job
- Other key information about timesheets/expenses for this job
You may not be able to edit the approvers for timesheets and expenses if your company settings are not set to Configurable by job. Read our article about Timesheets & Expenses Settings or contact your Metis administrator to fix this.
Navigate to the Budget tab of a job to update information such as:
- Job duration
- Revenue totals and spread
- Cost totals and spread
- Resource information - who will be working on the job and for how long
Click here to read how to update job duration for a job/opportunity.
The Budget & Phasing section shows the Revenue and Cost totals and spread for the job, over the duration. If your job is short, you may see white space on the right-hand side of this section. If you update the job duration to extend the job, the new months will be added in this white space. You can also resize your browser window to remove any empty space - give it a try!
You can edit the individual row values of revenue and cost for each category (People/Time, Expenses and Others). See here on what the different categories refer to.
To do this, click the pencil icon against the row you want to edit (see image above). Metis then opens a pop-up box, offering you some smart options to help you enter the revenue/cost spread.
In Metis you can choose to drive your People/Time revenues and costs directly from the Resource Plan. At the top of the pop-up box that appears when you click the pencil icon to edit the People/Time revenue and costs, Metis asks if you'd like to apply this method to this job. This is optional and you can turn this on/off throughout a project's duration.
You can also use the different options to help you spread the total revenue/cost out over the duration of the job. These options are:
These options are available for all other categories (Expenses and Others) to help you spread your total values.
The markup option is only available on People/Time Revenue.
Below this you'll see the job's resource plan, where you can choose who will work on this job and for how long.
You should add:
- The Job Role
- The role duration
- The effort (click the edit pencil to spread your effort or enter values manually into the week boxes)
- The person assigned to this job
- The person's internal hourly cost rate range (if they are a freelancer)
- External hourly charge rate (if this job is Time & Materials you'll see an extra column in the Resource Plan for this information). To see more about the difference between T&M and Fixed Price jobs, click here.
Click the edit pencil against a role to open the Metis effort spreading wizard. You have 3 options to choose:
You won't be able to save without a Job Role, so make sure you input this!
Click to read the full article about how to add someone to the resource plan.
You cannot edit the resource allocation for the Job Lead and Job Exec directly. These are directly affected by the overall Job Duration as these are considered key roles to it's running